Your Agra trip is incomplete without visiting the coveted monument of Taj Mahal. Keeping in mind the close proximity of Agra from Delhi, same day Agra tour would be the best option as you wouldn’t want to spend more time than necessary. When on same day Agra tour, you must visit the three UNESCO approved world heritage sites which not only includes Taj Mahal but monuments like Agra Fort and Fatehpur Sikri.
Same day Agra tour includes:
1. There will be an early pick up from Delhi in an air-conditioned car from your hotel or residence.
2. Be prepared for a 3 to 4 hours drive to Agra from Delhi by car.
3. On arriving Agra, you will be greeted our English speaking guide who will take you on an unforgettable journey through the historic white stone Taj Mahal built by Shah Jahan in the memory of his beloved Mumtaz Mahal. It has the white stone dome and four pillars, all inlaid with semi-precious stones. You will have a spectacular morning on a shiny day.
4. After that you will be taken to Agra Fort, built entirely of red sandstone. You can have a peep into the life of the Mughal Era, the grandeur with which the Mughals lived. You can visit the many halls, mosques, beautiful gardens and audience halls in the fort.
5. Lunch in one of the many cafes or restaurants that the city has to offer and experience the Mughlai delicacies.
6. Drive to the deserted city of Fatehpur Sikri. The city was constructed by Akbar but was later abandoned due to the scarcity of water supply.
7. Visiting the monument of Fatehpur Sikri known as the city of victory as it celebrates Akbar’s successful conquering of Gujrat. It was the first planned city of the Mughals. It is a fine blend of Persian and Mughal architecture.
8. After a short stop for dinner, you will have a 3 to 4 hours drive back to Delhi.
Tips to visit Taj Mahal in one day:
1. On the same day Agra tour by car from Delhi, the early morning visit to Taj Mahal will save your time and give you time to visit other monuments without burning a hole in your pocket.
2. It remains closed on Fridays and opens up only in the evening for Muslims to pray.
3. Taj Mahal opens up at 6 o’clock in the morning to 6:30 in the evening. The monument is open from 8:30 to 12:30 at night. You can basically visit anytime all throughout the day.
4. However, the wee hours of the morning are the best time to visit, as you can not only avoid the scorching heat of the daytime but also avoid the thronging crowd in the afternoon hours.
5. If you are not a morning person you can visit it during the evening, as the temperature cools down.
6. Leave all your eatables and tripods at home when visiting Taj Mahal.
7. Don’t forget to buy a marble-inlaid Taj Mahal miniature as a souvenir.
8. Cameras are allowed but photography is prohibited inside the Mausoleum.
Having a Sunrise taj mahal tour, you will take back with you, a bag full of wonderful memories and a day worth recounting.